Tuesday, May 19, 2009

24 days and counting

Well the spring is flying by and before you know it we'll be stopping the newspapers and reminding Zach to walk the dog and cut the grass. We haven't packed up yet (obviously) but we've thought a lot about it. Mainly because we're limited to 30 pounds per person. I'm used to wearing the same clothes day to day from backpacking, but Sue usually likes a few costume changes. We went clothes shopping the other day, but since Sue's diet is still proceeding at a torrid pace we figured we'd wait till a little closer to departure date. :)

I'm practicing this blog entry on my blackberry since that's how I plan on updating while in Kenya. I checked out the coverage map, and it looks like we might be out of range for days at a time so if there's no updates for a while, it does NOT mean we were eaten by a lion. Stay tuned for BBC News of the World for that info. I haven't figured out how to post a camera-phone pic to the blog yet. I'll work on that next.

That's all for now really. Thanks for checking in, and leave us a note to let us know you care (if that's indeed the case)

Paul

1 comment:

  1. I do indeed care...

    And am still in awe that you're taking this trip!

    And glad YOU mentioned the 'eaten by lions' thing before I did. So if one of you 'accidentally' runs in to a pride of lions...and um...'stays behind' in Africa...we should offer sympathy to the survivor...

    right? :)

    love you both! Liz

    ReplyDelete